Rob's Real Estate

Rob Griffin on Facebook

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ruby's First Bath!

This is Crystal and it's my first blog post, so please bear with me if I make any mistakes! :)

Today was a fun day for us because Ruby got to do a lot of new things. One of which was her first sponge bath. Well, maybe it wasn't so much fun for her, but it was a new experience for us all! Here's my little commentary and photo journal of the fun... (How nice it is to have a digital camera when you have a baby! :))

All nice and cozy, little did she know of the torture that was awaiting her...


She did not like the wet washcloth and cried whenever I touched her with it. But she did enjoy snuggling next to Rob! As long as the washcloth did not come in contact with her, she was quiet and took it all in.



"Hey, Mama, put the camera down and put some clothes on me!!"


Once she was nice and clean, we dressed her up and I even got to put a pretty bow in her shiny hair! (Thanks, Grandma Sue, for the hair bows! They fit perfectly and are absolutely adorable!) 




Then we did a little photo shoot with Papa and Mama. (By the way, the crossed eyes are normal for newborns. Really.)






Well, that was our morning. Ruby can be glad that we won't be doing that again for another week, or at least three or four days from now! :) But what new experiences does tomorrow hold for us?



4 comments:

Renee' said...

She is such a pretty baby!
Way to go on bathtime, it only gets more fun!
You are doing a great job Mommy and Daddy :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I cannot wait to see all of you again!

Addie said...

congratulations Griffins! I know we are a few weeks late, but we haven't seen you at church and I found your blog from the city. She's beautiful! We have a niece named Ruby, it's a beautiful name. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Wide World, Ruby June!
I can't wait to meet you this summer!
-Anne